• Facebook
  • Instagram

Ministries

What do I do?


Youth With a Mission (ywam)

Founded in 1960, YWAM is the largest mission organization in the world. YWAM now has over 1,100 locations in over 180 countries, with a staff of over 18,000 volunteers. The heart of YWAM is to worship God, to serve God’s global purposes, and to champion young people.

homes of hope

Starting with a one off house build in 1990 Homes of Hope has now built over 5,000 homes for families in need in 21 countries. I am currently a Builder with Homes of Hope and have been able to connect and build houses for 30+ families in Mexico and Uganda.

Discipleship training school (dts)

Starting in september I will become director of the Music and Mission DTS in Ensenada. The M+M DTS is a 5-month programme that seeks to bring people into a more intimate relationship with God. It also gives students an opportunity to develop their abilities and direct them toward a greater cause.

Music + Media

One of the things I love is being able to use my passions in my work. I am able to do sound and play guitar for worship teams at YWAM and at church in Ensenada. I am also able to use my photography and videography to create Media content for YWAM.

Base Duties

Part of my day to day work is to help keep the YWAM community functioning. Whether it is gardening, cleaning, cooking, or something else, no day is the same. This really helps to add value and become a part of the community.

Mission Adventures

Mission Adventures is a short term missions programme for teenagers. Teams do outreaches with local ministires in places such as orphanages, soup kitchens, rehab centres and also have the opportunity of building with Homes of Hope. There are also daily sessions with worship, biible study and amazing guest speakers.

Monday 7 July 2014

The Next Step!



¡Hey everyone!  

As many of you reading this will know, I recently spent 5 months in Ensenada, Mexico, as a student of a Music and Missions DTS. During my time there I grew so much in my faith and my maturity within it.
Something that also came with that was the realisation of the need for reaching out with love to the needy and the lost. My heart was really challenged to change from the 'normal' way of looking at the needs of this world... 
To stop seeing them as things that are there, have always been there and always will be there, but to look to the fact that change in this world is possible and maybe there is a role for me to play in it...
So I started to think and ask what my role in this could be, Could it be working with a charity/organisation back home? 
Could it be working out in Mexico? Could it be doing nothing yet, just getting on with life and waiting for the 'right time' to do something? Could it be going somewhere else in the world?...the possibilities were pretty much endless! 
After thinking and praying about it for about 3-4 months it was so clear to me that I was being called to be back in Ensenada working out of the YWAM base there.


So its now official... on July 10th 2014 I will be moving to Mexico for 2 Years! 
I will be joining YWAM San Diego Baja (Ensenada Campus) as a Full Time Staff Volunteer. 
This base gives me a great footing to follow the plans that I believe God has for my life as well as incorporating my passions such as Music, Tech Work, Travel and Discipleship. 
During my time there I will be able to  serve others by being part of exciting, impactful ministries and programmes such as; Homes of Hope, Mission Adventures, Music and Missions DTS, (I'll do some more in depth blogs on those and the fantastic work they do but check out the links for now.)  as well as all the other amazing work that is happening out there. 

This is a big step out of my comfort zone but is something I believe I have to do. And whilst being scared of the unknown future ahead of me I am so stoked to see the amazing things that God is going do and use me for in the next 2 years! 


Want To Get Involved?

If you are interested in what I'm doing and would like to get involved there are several ways you can partner with me!

- Prayer: 
I believe the power of prayer is SO strong and I'd really appreciate everyone's prayers for supporting me during this time. As amazing as this is going to be, I am aware that it is also going to have its tough times and challenges and I'm so grateful for the prayers of strength and encouragement. 
Some things to pray for now are: 
- Smooth travel and transition from England into Mexico.
- Finances/Support (more below)
- My spanish to get better as I attempt to learn! 



- Finances: 
As a Full Time Volunteer with YWAM I won't be paid for being out in Mexico, ( no one in the whole organisation takes a wage from the money donated.) My average costs per month are approximately £200-£250 per month, this covers all rent, food, bills, visas and health care.
I will be totally dependant on sponsors, donations, gifts and blessings for this, I have 100% faith that this will come in each month even though I don't know exactly where from right now. 
If you feel led to and are able to support me in this way then please contact me either on Facebook or via e-mail at joshua.d.brown@live.co.uk and I can let you know the best ways to do this. I also have a budget breakdown I can e-mail out to you if you wish. 


- Keep in contact:
While I am out there, there will be both physically and emotionally tough times and having the support of those back home is something that will be so valuable for me to have. There are many ways now to keep in contact so please feel free to hit me up on Facebook, email (joshua.d.brown@live.co.uk), Instagram (johs777), Skype (beardedjohs), FaceTime, iMessage, whatsapp! I will also be sending out a monthly newsletter via email so if you want to keep up to date with me send me your email and I'll add you to the list! 

Thanks for reading and please keep checking back for regular updates from the field! 

God Bless, 
Josh
X

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Get in touch with me


Mail Address

YWAM Ensenada
100 West 35th Street,
Suite R.
National City
CA
USA

Email

josh.brown@ywamsdb.org